After many years in the corporate world, I have gained enough expertise and experience in varied fields of communications, PR and social media. In my last role, I was responsible for looking after communications for one of the largest banks in the US, for it’s India operations.
I work in the following areas:
– WRITING AND EDITING: Need specialized content services, including creating and managing content? After years in the field of journalism and communications, I have the expertise to quickly and efficiently turn around copy and content. Having played the role of an editor during my journalism years has also given me a solid foundation in this area.
– TRAVEL WRITING AND BLOGGING: I began blogging way back in 2001, and became probably one of the first Indians to take to blogging. We even had a conference on blogging, way back in 2003, organised by Anna University. Again, one of the first. Blogging has come a long way since then. While I have been occupied with a corporate 9-5 for quite a few years in between, I continue travel writing and blogging. I have already worked with several brands, projects and properties. If you think there is something I can do for you, do get in touch. I usually like travelling to off-the beaten-track places, and properties offering unique and experiential travel. I review home stays, heritage homes, guest houses, wellness resorts, Ayurvedic resorts and luxury properties.
– RESTAURANT REVIEWS, AND EVENTS AROUND FOOD & WINE: I am a foodie. I like discovering more about what goes into food, how it’s prepared, the different styles of cuisine, influences etc. I review restaurants, food festivals, events on a regular basis. To get to know my wines better, I also completed my first level of the WSET certification and it’s helped me gain a deeper appreciation of the fundamentals. For reviews, invitations to events, special tasting sessions, do reach out to me. I usually use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and also this blog to spread the word around if I like what I’ve experienced. Please note that I do have a disclosure policy on my posts when I do a review or write-up.
– SOCIAL MEDIA: I offer strategy, consultancy and implementation in this area. After having spent many years building the brands I’ve worked for, I now look for niche and interesting companies and brands to work with. The scope and length of the project depends on what you want to achieve. I would ideally like to associate with brands who want to experiment and are open to new ideas.
– PHOTOGRAPHY: I first began photography around 2004 and began a journey that has kept me engrossed through the years. Though I had to keep the camera in the backseat while I was working, I am now re-discovering the joys of photography. I have done several assignments and shoots, including kids, families, weddings, architecture/buildings, and of course, also shoot extensively during my journeys. If you feel I can do something for you, I’ll be happy to help.
– PARTNERS: I would like to work with or evangelise brands which are close to travel – it could be hiking shoes, apparel, anything related to trekking, running, cycling, and photography equipment, gear, accessories, devices, travel applications etc. I am open to partnering with brands whose products I can use during my journeys and trips, and evangelise and promote them at given opportunities.
Have an interesting idea or collaboration in mind? Get in touch!
Please use the CONTACT FORM to reach out with a proposal on how we can work together.