After many years in the corporate world, I have gained enough expertise and experience in varied fields of communications, PR and social media. In my last role, I was responsible for looking after communications for one of the largest banks in the US, for it’s India operations.
I now offer consultancy and strategy in the following areas:
- WRITING AND EDITING: Need specialised content services, including creating and managing content? After years in the field of journalism and communications, I have the adequate expertise to quickly and efficiently turn around copy and content. Having played the role of an editor during my journalism years has also given me a solid foundation in this area.
- TRAVEL WRITING AND BLOGGING: I began blogging way back in 2001, and became probably one of the first Indians to take to blogging. We even had a conference on blogging, way back in 2003, organised by Anna University. Again, one of the first. Blogging has come a long way since then. While I have been occupied with a corporate 9-5 for quite a few years in between, I have now gotten back to travel writing and blogging full time. I have already worked with several brands, projects and properties. If you think there is something I can do for you, do send me a proposal. I usually like travelling to off-the beaten-track places, and properties offering unique and experiential travel. I also review home stays, heritage homes, guest houses, wellness resorts, Ayurvedic resorts and luxury properties and feature them either on my website besthomestaysindia.com or here.
- RESTAURANT REVIEWS, AND EVENTS AROUND FOOD & WINE: I am a foodie, and have been for the longest time. Now, I’m probably more discerning than I was a few years ago. In that, I like discovering more about what goes into food, how it’s prepared, the different styles of cuisine, influences etc. To get to know my wines better, I also completed my first level of the WSET certification in this area and it’s helped me gain a deeper appreciation of the fundamentals. For reviews, invitations to events, special tasting sessions, do reach out to me. I usually use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and also this blog to spread the word around if I like what I’ve experienced.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: I offer strategy, consultancy and implementation in this area. After having spent many years building the brands I’ve worked for, I now look for niche and interesting companies and brands to work with. The scope and length of the project depends on what you want to achieve. I would ideally like to associate with brands who want to experiment and are open to new ideas.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: I first began photography around 2004 and began a journey that has kept me engrossed through the years. Though I had to keep the camera in the backseat while I was working, I am now re-discovering the joys of photography. I have done several assignments and shoots, including kids, families, weddings, architecture/buildings, and of course, also shoot extensively during my journeys. If you feel I can do something for you, I’ll be happy to help.
- GEAR, APPAREL, EQUIPMENT PARTNERS: If you’re into gear (hiking shoes for example), apparel (like mountaineering, or trekking, running, cycling), equipment (camera/lenses, smart devices), or anything else that you feel that will come of use during my travels, please do get in touch. I am open to partnering with brands whose products I can use during my journeys and trips, and evangelise and promote them at given opportunities. I will, of course, use all the different social media channels and my blog to promote the brand.
I am also interested in any kind collaboration where you feel one of my skills can come of use.
Please use the CONTACT FORM to reach out and I can send you more details on each area of expertise and how we can work together.