The practice of the Surya Namaskar touches all aspects : body, mind and soul. I particularly like this exercise as it’s a great way to stretch parts of the body which normally don’t get much action. :-p
Some visuals that show the steps.
So apparently, we use only 35 to 40% of muscles in daily activities. The rest of the muscles remain inactive. The Surya Namaskar is a physical exercise where almost 95% to 97% of your muscles are switched on to active mode.
– Eliminates unpleasant smells from the body.
– Lends grace and ease of movements to the body.
– Revives and maintains the spirit of youthfulness.
– Broadens chest and beautifies arms.
– Makes the spine and waist flexible.
– Produces health, strength, efficiency and longevity.
Need anymore reasons to start your daily dose?
And if you’re wondering how cats maintain their feline grace, here’s an example of Kit Kit doing her bit of the namaskar!